Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's pumpkin season

So as everyone who knows me is aware, I have one unwavering love in life. Pumpkin.  And this morning as I was driving to Dunkin Donuts, low and behold, there it was.  Pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin coffee.  Squeal. I'm fairly certain you could have handed me $100 and I wouldn't have been this excited.  I was overjoyed.  So, now, I suppose I am properly armed to deal with the summer coming to an end.

The summer ending is something incredibly sad for me, however.  Last evening, I was driving, I just felt a certain sadness that can only be equated with the end of summer for me.  It's when you finally realize that the days are growing shorter and the air is starting to get cooler.  There's nothing you can do to fight it either; it happens whether you are ready for the fall or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment