Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Feeling more and more like fall

As I sit here writing this blog, let it be known I am eating a pumpkin muffin.  That's pumpkin 3 ways thus far and we haven't hit September yet.   While on the topic of food, let's also discuss two fabulous events that are taking place.  1.) The Hamburger Festival in Hamburg, PA.   This little event is the largest of it's kind on the East Coast, and I for one, am pumped to be going to it this Saturday.   Hamburger Festival   2.) The Kennett Square Mushroom Festival, which is not this coming weekend, but the following.  This one is possibly one of my favorite days of the year.  I've gone to this one before and this year, went as far as to request off from work so that I could fully enjoy this celebration dedicated to everyone's favorite fungus.  Mushroom Festival

On a less happy note, I had the most bizarre ride home from University City ever last night.  It started out as many do, then as I was driving by 38th Street, there was a car on fire.  Not something small, but rather like when people torch a car in the movies.  That is how this car fire looked.  That was a first for me.  Next, about 10 blocks later, I was stopped at a red light.  Once the light turned green, I waited a second or two, then decided to go.  Luckily, I waited, since a car came blowing through the light at about 45 mph and rammed right into a minivan, causing it to roll 2 or 3 times before righting itself. I'm fairly certain I audibly screamed upon seeing this happen.  Again another first for me to witness.  With both those incidents behind me, I hurried home afraid for what the next oddity I saw might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment