Wednesday, August 24, 2011

24 and a lottery addict

Alright, I'll admit it.  I have a problem.  I love scratch off lottery tickets.  They make me inexplicably happy.  I came to this conclusion on Friday night....well more like Saturday morning.  On our way home from the bar ($5 fishbowls ftw), we stopped at Wawa.  This is nothing uncommon for anyone in the Philadelphia area to do, however, going to Wawa and ignoring the food for lottery tickets is.  So the scene was me frantically trying to find a dollar and then running over to the counter with my lottery ticket and scratching it off.  Post my frenzy of actually getting a lottery ticket came the real thrill...I won.  It may have only been a free ticket I won, but in my drunken frenzy that was still totally exhilarating.

Friday night was a lot of  fun, even without the lottery ticket though.  Not only were there $5 fishbowl drinks, but the first bar had pumpkin ale. For anyone who knows me, this is big.  Pumpkin is possibly my favorite food and last Fall my goal was to eat it as many ways as possible.  So Fall 2011...Pumpkin #1 - Pumpkin Ale.  I just can't wait til pumpkin spice lattes come back.  Those are the only reason I can even make it through the Fall. I actually do think I live for them.

And now for my thoughts on a potpourri of other topics since despite just starting this blog, I'm slacking off already.

Since I'm probably the only person who's blog today doesn't revolve around our "earthquake" today, I'll briefly lance by it.  I was out to lunch with my granddad, mom and brother at the time.  Absolutely no one in the restaurant so much as flinched during said earthquake.  Terrifying? I think not.  Everyone needs to cool their jets and just get on with it.  This was nothing earth shattering that happened...get it? Har har.

I also want to let it be known, I'm disappointed this blog will not be daily, but let's face it.  I'm too busy for that.  Maintaining two jobs and some semblance of a life doesn't leave for much wiggle room, but I really do want to succeed with this blog.  This will most likely result in 5-6 entries a week; which I can handle.  Someday I'll have free time...I just hope I'm still young enough to enjoy it.

In addition to work followed by more work, I've been attempting to get my life back in order now that all the contractors have finished everything they were doing in my house.  Now in addition to having new windows, all the blinds and curtains are back up as well.  This was exciting since with the return of the blinds, was the return of privacy in the house.  Now if i can just get all my clothes under control.  Someday hopefully, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment