Sunday, June 24, 2012

Nostalgia of Summers Past

Do you ever wake up and think, "Oh my god, what happened to me?"  From time to time, I think that, but this is an occurrence saved solely for the summer.  I think of what my summers used to be when I was younger and it was amazing.  I used to wake up and play outside, whether it be from rope swings hanging from trees at the top of my grandparents' hill or just going to the local swim club.  Life was good.

This whole sense of nostalgia was brought on by a couple of pictures of me feeding a horse at Linvilla Orchards and my old Shark Watch and swimmer's badge to use the high dive at the swim club.  These few choice items summed up years and years of happiness and fun under the summer sun.

Not only was I lucky enough to have a great day-to-day life during the summer, but I was also lucky enough to go on vacation to the Outer Banks in north Carolina for a week or two each summer. 

Now, each weekend, I struggle to get to the pool for an hour or two in the late afternoon after work. Life is very different, but I feel like soon, it will have to pay off. I love my life now and am incredibly happy with it.  The only pitfall I seem to be able to find is my lack of free time during the daylight hours.  Hopefully soon, I'll be getting a bit of that too. Happy Summer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment