Saturday, June 23, 2012

Craigslist Mogul

Well, the title pretty much says it all today.  I have officially sold something on Craig's List and it feels extremely gratifying.  I recently was given a new bedroom set and was daunted with the task of deciding what to do with the old one.  Simple.  Sell it.  Get rid of something you don't need and get some money in the process.  I didn't even want the money at first, I just wanted to give my old bedroom set a loving home.  (My mom had bought it for me while I was in high school, so I just wanted to turn the money over to her since she was the original purchaser.)

The end result is that my old bedroom set has new owner as of tomorrow in all of its teenage-girl glory.  It's white wicker....it has two possible homes - a beach house or a teenage girl's room.  I'm glad it found its destiny.  Even better yet, when I told my mom I was giving the money back to her, she insisted on giving me half of it.  So now I can attempt to get things back to normal and I have some extra money this month.  Not too bad.

I'll admit, I'll miss the bedroom set, but, the new one I have makes it much easier to say goodbye.  Once life is back to normal, you can see the new digs. Til then, say goodbye to the old. (Also, those pictures where you attempt to sell your furniture and make it seem as impersonal as possible are incredibly depressing.  Wouldn't you agree?)


No comments:

Post a Comment