Thursday, January 12, 2012

Organizing and Purging - The most difficult resolution possible to me

So I may not be a hoarder, but I'm definitely a bit of a pack-rat.  I'm not going dumpster diving and trying to convince everyone that a rusty coffee can is a treasure, but I definitely  will admit how difficult it is for me to let go of my things.  All of my "stuff" is fabulous in my opinion or else I wouldn't have it (with the exception of a few sad items).  So when the time comes that I need to organize everything and possibly downsize, I get panic stricken and freeze up a bit.  The thought of throwing out things that I've definitely gotten a good amount of use out of, still cripples me.

That being said, I'm actually doing just that.  Painstakingly slow as it may be, I'm finally lightening the load.  It's actually ironic too, since when it comes to work and filing and all other areas of my house, I'm super organized.  Something happens the minute you step in my room; however, and it's like a bomb exploded.  I don't know why, but it's just fair game for things to be everywhere in there.  I'll admit, part of it, is the sheer excess of how much I own, which is something else I'm trying to contain.   

The next step is also truly refining the decor of my room.  While all the parts are there and nice, they need some fine-tuning still.  This is because I decided to be a bum and never did anything to update/ keep up with how a normal room should look. Expect photo updates.

PS: I hope this blog winds up being more interesting in 2012.  I think it has potential, which is at least a step up from 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment