Thursday, January 5, 2012

Maintaining Some New Years Resolves

So as I'm sitting here telling you all about my resolves, I have to actually admit feeling a bit better about myself.  I'm doing a few things a day differently and it's actually going to make a difference in my life.  Here are some of my lovely changes:

I took some time while I was getting ready today.  I actually looked through my accessories and decided on some to wear.  I also actually have make-up on today.  This very little thing takes about 5 minutes in the morning and makes me feel a million times better throughout the course of the day.  It's also a fabulous opportunity to use the obscene amount of make-up I've amassed, which is a lovely lead into item two.  I'll admit these may seem like small things, but when you work in a small office as I do, they're often two things sacrificed for sleep.

Purge! Purge! Purge!  Last night I spent about 20 minutes just going through some old health/beauty items and threw out the ones that were expired as well as a few I simply knew I would never use.  It's a refreshing feeling, I must admit.

Actually use the things you have.  As was a theme in the past two items, I have entirely more "stuff" than I need, but some of it is actually usable products and not things that can be given away.  I've now vowed to use all of these products before buying any new ones (also a great way to save some cash).  There's just no need to be that excessive and it costs money to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment