Monday, October 24, 2011

Ideal

As a forward to this post, I would like to apologize for my little spree of Polyvore entries, but I've been having too much fun with it I suppose.

So this was yet another ideal fall weekend.  The weekend started off with a haunted hayride.  We trekked out into the Amish country and out in good ol' Lancaster, PA, we went to Jason's Woods. Where we not only went on a haunted hayride, but also did 6 other haunted activities that without fail made me scream one after another.  Now, I enjoyed this night out; don't get me wrong. However, these things have become entirely overpriced.  for the 7 different parts we wanted to go through it was $45 or $60 for a VIP speed pass.  Well I'm sorry but I'll keep my extra $15 and wait in line like the normal people. Where else do I have to be on a Friday night that is so important? The other thing that peeves me about this is the discount system.  We had come across $5 discounts on each person's admission...the catch? You need to buy them cash in person.  If you want to pay with a card online...no discount for you.  This also seemed like a bit much to me.  However, once I got over the fact that I was paying a load of money for this evening, it actually was a lot of fun.

Next super-fall activity that took place was  Linvilla Orchards.   This is something that goes way back into my childhood.  Back when I was little(yes there was a time I was even smaller than my current state), we used to go there during the summer and feed the animals and go in the fall to get a pumpkin.  Nothing horribly unique from any other farm/orchard, except for their apple cider doughnuts, which are to die for if you must know.  So we went out there yesterday and unbeknownst to us, it was their annual costume parade for kids.  Well, this translated into the place being about 10 million times more crowded than I have ever seen it.  Regardless, it was a lot of fun and cute to see all the little kids running around in costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment