Monday, October 10, 2011

Beyond Complacent

Although I'm getting better at posting and making a much more sincere effort, I still tend to leave holes a bit bigger than desired.  So, let's discuss thing and by discuss I mean you readers eagerly hanging on my every word.  First item up for discussion can be my weekend that just went by.  For once I had a weekend where I was not utterly exhausted once it was over and this was refreshing.  

Friday night was a perfect lazy night for me.  I watched VH1's 1-40 of their 100 greatest songs of the '00s while reading Glamour and drinking spiced apple wine while my date for the evening slept.  This was even alright to me, it was just a nice, fall evening spent in the house.   This VH1 top 100 was particularly interesting to me, despite my love of 80s and 90s music and how much I've loved the other countdowns.  I think the fascination for me  stems from how much of my life is really covered by the past 10 years. It spans over part of my grade school career, all of high school, all of college and some post-college life.  That's a huge gap and amount of development to span.  It also amazed me how recent some of the music seemed and also just how long ago other bits of it felt.  The fact that a song I listened to while getting ready for a St. Kev's mixer in the 7th grade and songs that i listened to while driving to my full time job are in the same decade is almost frightening.  Also, I would like to add that I simply do not agree with several of their top 20 choices and that Pete Wentz of Fallout Boy is a HORRIBLE host for the program.  In other news, VH1 brought back p\Pop-Up Video. *insert squeals of joy here*

Saturday was lovely as well.  I was even feeling so good about the previous week that I woke up early and COOKED a breakfast.  After that, I managed to get myself together and go shopping before a night shift at work.  Once was work was over, I actually found my way over to a little impromptu party. I got to play beer pong, which was actually a pleasant surprise for me and even run the table (which is a win in my book).  Sunday was less glorious as I was forced to get back to work and miss most of the beautiful day, but such is life. 

I would also like to share that I cannot wait for upcoming events in my life.  One particularly awesome one to me is on Saturday.  I'll be at the Franklin Institute hanging out with mummies.  I get to see the Mummies exhibit and I am seriously excited. I'm a dork. I know. Ancient cultures and things of that nature have always fascinated me so this whole affair is right up my alley.  

More exciting news also includes how close we are to Halloween!!  In preparation, this week shall be spent with me decorating my house; both inside and out.  And most importantly, my friends and I will be going to Jason's  Woods, an awesome Haunted Hayride, House, etc.  There will be lots more to come on that, but October has been shaping up pretty well if I do say so myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment