Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weekend Recap

So early Saturday evening I attempted a post...so much for that.  Anyhow, Saturday was pretty much the perfect fall day in my opinion, despite the fact it was blazing hot and felt more like the middle of July.  It started out with...drum roll please... the Kennett Square Mushroom Festival.  This is an event I went to last year as well and I fell in love with.  Fearful of rain, we set out toward Kennett Square nice and early and were pleasantly surprised with a perfect day.  Highlights of the mushroom festival included the 5 pound box of portebellas as well as a few packs of shitake and oyster mushrooms.  Also to be noted was the amazing food there...pumpkin mushroom ice cream (don't cringe until you've tried it), portebella risotto, and fried mushrooms were just some of what I found.

Following that, we decide that the best plan of action was naturally antique shopping.  Now this may not sound exciting to many people, for me it is.  I love antiques.  My mom has quite a few sizable (and awesome) collections and personally, I think I would like one as well.  I've inherited her love of one thing, Wedgwood.  It's something that just makes me happy and truthfully, I wish I could afford more of it.  Really.

Beyond that, I purchased something that makes me obscenely happy.   It is this little teapot Christmas ornament from the 1940s.  There is already one that looks like it's twin that goes on our tree and I've never seen another one quite like it.  The one i found, although in slightly less pristine condition than the one we already have is still just endearing.

Tuesday night was something else exciting. It was my first volleyball game in a league I joined.  The league seems to be a lot of fun and overall, I'm glad I joined it.  It's also nice to keep the volleyball skills I've acquired throughout my life in some sort of practice and always a relief when I find out they haven't left me yet.

I'd also like to apologize for posting this one so late.  Sorry kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment