Thursday, September 29, 2011

overworked

Although I enjoy both of my jobs, I have to admit...having both of them is a lot of work. Literally.  This summer, around when I started the blog, I wasn't too busy and thought this would be manageable. Reality: both jobs have picked up and I now have a drastic increase in hours. So what I originally thought would be a blog about life is now a daily fashion blog with a weekly or bi-weekly update in some cases.  Regardless, I'm still glad it exists and I feel that if you read my blog, you should follow me on Polyvore since that's where the fashion updates come from.

Regardless, this past weekend was nice.  Friday night I had dinner downtown for Center City Restaurant Week at a restaurant called La Fontana della Citta.   It was BYOB, which we were unaware of, but life goes on and we even got a free glass of wine on the house.  Saturday morning was lovely as well.  There was a winery and antique shopping involved.  That's pretty ideal to me. Later in the evening, there was margaritas and a nice dinner followed by a birthday cake for my mom.  Again, more of an ideal situation.

This past week, however, has been nothing but work.  Sunday and Monday nights, I was trapped in the mall until 11 PM working. Not fun.  In addition to this, I have my day job, which normally is alright, but this time with extra travel this week. I've also had a few extra shifts at the mall.  I got Wednesday and will get Friday night off at least.  Which I'll accept as better than nothing.  Last night was a lovely night off.  I went to the Ardmore Farmer's Market and Trader Joes.  Exciting purchases include a pumpkin.

Now that I've rehashed this past weekend, it's time to look forward to the next one.  This one is shaping up to have some promise, I must admit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment