Monday, September 5, 2011

holiday weekend

So this weekend was a lovely extended weekend.  An extra day of "weekend" is always welcomed, though when combining working in the corporate setting with working in retail; the term weekend quickly loses its meaning. This extended weekend was no exception.  Labor day for me translated to working for time and a half pay, which, I am always on board for.  Other than that, it was a lovely weekend. The Hamburger Festival in good ole' Hamburg, PA was amazing.  Highlights included deep-fried pepper-jack cheese on a stick, the Pittsburger (look up Primanti's if you need further explanation) and a grilled cheese burger.  I even got a strand of freshwater pearls from a local artisan. (They're quite pretty if I do say so myself.)  And if that wasn't enough PA fun, it was followed up by Country Junction, the world's largest general store.  I fed an alpaca feed out of an ice cream cone...score.

I worked a bit on Sunday and then had a barbecue, which was a nice Labor Day type festivity.  I worked today as well and now here I sit.  I'm sitting here, listening to the rain fall against the windows and watching The Blindside, which is a quite good movie.  This is the first time I've seen it.  That's about all for me now.  Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment