Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Operation Use Down "The Hoard"

Throughout the course of my existence, I have amassed an alarming amount of "stuff."  Everything I've gathered throughout the years can be sorted out and neatly placed into 3 categories, however.
They are as follows:
1) Things that can be consumed/used - These items include huge amounts of hair care products, cosmetics, body lotions and shower gels, perfumes, and in my case candles.  I know the grooming products are pretty standard, but let me explain the candle hoard.  I was never into that sort of thing, until I working in a candle store and now I can't seem to get enough.  So now that I am actually trying to use what I have, I'm also  trying to buy less.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  I have a girly hoard.  I'll admit it.
2) Clothing and Accessories - This is just what it sounds like.  All of my clothing as well as the shoes, bags and jewelry are in this category.  This only further perpetuates the girly hoard.
3) Things that occupy space - This includes all of my photo frames, games, knick knacks and anything else you can think of.  These items are all mostly girly and some also outdated.  I'm trying to pair down the outdated items.  Really. I am.

So this is my goal.  I want to use down the hoard that I have oh so carefully gathered and stashed away.  The reason for this is twofold.  The first component is that I ran out of space and organizing solutions.  The second component is that I cannot afford my old ways still.  I just have too much and the only way I see to fix the problem is through using up the items.  As I write this for all of you, I have a votive burning. One more way to attack to hoard.  I get a warm ambiance and a soft orange smell and I'm using up the things I have. I've been working on this scheme for awhile though, really.  My hair products and body lotions, etc. are also slowly thinning out.  I use them everyday and this helps.  I also use make-up and perfume daily now(or as close to it as I can remember to get).

I'm actually doing good with this endeavor too.  Thank God.  I'm slowly using things up and each product I use up and throw out leaves me with a liberating feeling.  It's incredibly empowering to feel like you are gaining control of something and working on yourself in the process.  I also did something else incredible today.  I did a wardrobe edit and got rid of three pieces of clothing.  I know this is the theme of all my posts, but I need to keep this up to motivate myself. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment