Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dieting...the ups and downs....and I'm not just talking about weight

So I've attempted this dieting post several times now, but have yet to complete it.  This is more than likely since I've yet to come up with a way to describe my mindset towards dieting that doesn't make me sound nuts.  Obviously, I want to lose weight, but in addition to that, I want to seriously eat healthier on a regular basis.  I am by no means trying to become one of those crazed macrobiotics who consider his or her body a temple, blah blah blah.  I just want to make a shift towards eating more "real" foods and less of those pre-packaged things that are barely discernible as foods.   This doesn't mean I am giving up all junk foods, but a serious cut-back is probably good.  

Currently, I've hit a wall.  I'm stuck at negative 13 pounds, which while great, is nowhere near how much I want to lose.  I'm now forced to really push myself to lose this extra weight.  I really don't want to look like a beached whale this summer, which is sadly how it sometimes feels.

Not just yet, but soon, I may also be forced to somehow work exercise into my daily routine.  This is something I really am not looking forward to.  I'm just not one of those people who actually likes the gym. It's a chore for me to go there now...and it always will be.  Regardless, if I do keep losing weight, I will eventually need to go to the gym or else I will be allotted 45 calories a day and I don't foresee that lasting very long.

Once some more weight is lost, pictures will come up. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment